A foundation was always created to make the base and a concealer to conceal. A jittery feeling arises when you are always confused about what should come first, a concealer or a foundation. As you keep experimenting with your makeup looks and keep hovering on the internet, you may or may not find the appropriate answer to your questions. But we have finally drawn the correct way of applying your base makeup.
READ AHEAD TO UNLEASH THE TRUTH AND BREAK ALL MYTHS.
When applying makeup, it is generally recommended to apply foundation before concealer. This is because foundation helps to even out the skin tone and can often provide enough coverage on its own, reducing the amount of concealer needed.
Additionally, applying concealer before foundation can cause the concealer to be wiped away or blended unevenly when the foundation is applied on top. On the other hand, applying foundation first allows you to see which areas still need additional coverage, making it easier to apply concealer in a targeted way.
Of course, there is no hard and fast rule, and the order in which you apply your makeup ultimately comes down to personal preference and the specific products you are using. However, for most people, applying foundation before concealer is the most effective way to achieve a flawless, natural-looking base.
THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CONCEALER AND A FOUNDATION
A concealer and a foundation are both makeup products used to create a smooth and even complexion, but they have different purposes and functions.
Foundation is a base product that is applied all over the face to even out the skin tone and create a smooth, uniform surface. It typically comes in different formulations, such as liquid, powder, or cream, and provides varying degrees of coverage, from light to full.
Concealer, on the other hand, is a product used to hide specific imperfections, such as blemishes, dark circles, or redness. It is typically thicker and more pigmented than foundation, allowing it to provide more coverage in targeted areas. Concealer can come in different formulations, such as liquid or cream, and may also have additional benefits, such as brightening or corrector palette properties.
In summary, while foundation is used to create an overall even complexion, concealer is used to cover up specific problem areas that may not be fully covered by foundation.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPLY FOUNDATION BEFORE CONCEALER?
When you apply foundation before concealer, several things can happen:
- You may not need as much concealer: Foundation helps to even out the skin tone and cover up minor imperfections, so you may find that you don't need as much concealer as you would if you applied it first.
- You can see which areas need more coverage: By applying foundation first, you can see which areas of your face still need additional coverage, making it easier to apply concealer in a targeted way.
- More natural-looking finish: Applying concealer over foundation allows you to blend the two products seamlessly, creating a more natural-looking finish that is less likely to appear cakey or patchy.
- Better staying power: By applying foundation first, you create a smooth, even base that helps your concealer stay in place all day.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPLY CONCEALER BEFORE FOUNDATION?
If you apply concealer before foundation, several things can happen:
- Concealer may be wiped away: When you apply foundation over concealer, there is a chance that some of the concealer may be wiped away or blended unevenly, leading to patchy coverage.
- Uneven blending: If the concealer is not blended properly, it can create an uneven finish, making the skin appear blotchy or cakey.
- Excessive product usage: Applying concealer before foundation may cause you to use more product than necessary, leading to a heavy or unnatural-looking finish.
- Highlighted blemishes: Concealer is often used to cover up blemishes or dark circles, but when applied before foundation, it can actually draw attention to these areas by creating a lighter, highlighted effect.
In general, it is correct to apply the best waterproof foundation before concealer to ensure a smooth, natural-looking and an even finish that lasts all day. This method allows you to use less concealer and to blend it seamlessly into the foundation for a natural-looking result.
Even if you have started to apply the concealer before a liquid foundation while doing your makeup, ensure to blend it well so as to avoid the chances of visible creases and fine lines. Discover our range of exemplary base makeup kits and find the best face foundation or the best foundation brush at Viseart to give your skin an even matte finish that ensures ultra-coverage and guarantees a smooth and flawless look.